Who is Ghanoush anyway?
One eggplant in the fridge, an adventurous sensation, and a trip to the grocery store (no tahini paste in the pantry) left me with a pretty decent Baba Ghanoush
Simplest way to replicate the recipe:
1. Remove the ends from your eggplant, broil it in the oven for a good 30 minutes until the eggplant is essentially withered (you wanna kill this thing – make it like a prune on a summer’s day, my grandma in her Jacuzzi)
2. Once the baby’s out of the oven, you scrape out its insides and discard the saggy skin
3. Use a fork or mortal and pestle to mash up that eggplant until it’s at the consistency that you would want to eat it
4. Time for the “good stuff” – Give that eggplant some flavor!!
You’re going to need 1/4 cup of tahini paste, one fresh squeezed lemon (2 tbsp lemon juice), 2 tbs olive oil, cumin powder, salt & pepper. Mix everything together!
5. Served chilled & eat with pita bread. The greater time the Baba Ghanoush is left alone, before eating, the better.